Sustainability Tools | JDC EXEC
an unstoppable force to success
Janine Do Cabo | Sustainability & Leadership Development | JHB, SA
Walt Disney is mostly known as being the man behind the cartoon empire as well as the world-renowned amusement park. What many aren’t aware of though is that what got him to realise his dreams and leave a legacy was the passion he had for all that he did. Passion, creativity and a well-though-out plan is the recipe that kept him going. His passion is seen in his famous mantra to,
“Keep moving forward”
A mantra that became a culture for all of the many people within his employ.
He didn’t allow the status quo or challenges to dissuade him or derail his passion, unlike many of us today.
If you could define passion for you, what would it look like? What is passion in general? Are you passionate or approach all that you do with passion? Some people describe it as the fuel that gets them going or the zest they wish they had.
Passion is defined as an unstoppable force to success. Passion fires your purpose.
It’s the passion for a particular goal be it professional or personal that will give you the energy through what may seem like the uphills of life. When you’re passionate, you tend to stick it out even when the going gets tough.
Passion has a voice and that speaks so loud that it has the ability to make you laugh and cry at the same time. Passion in itself, is passionate and calls for those select few who seek it out to be passionate as well.
What passion isn’t is going through life dejected, waiting for something good to materialize without any effort or planning on your part. The key to using passion to reach your desired outcome is keeping it ignited.
Passion, is ignited by:
- Forward thinking (Vision). When you visualize and imagine what you want to do or where you will be after you achieve your goals, you will soon realize how liberating it is. Vision is the ability to create your future with your mind. Aspire towards that. Set up a vision board for your self in a place where you see it often and remind yourself of the greatness there is for you to achieve.
- Proper planning. When you plan properly, you have the peace of mind that allows the passion you have for the project at hand to flow. Proper planning takes into consideration not only a road map of how you will get to where you’re going, but, what your plan of action will be should you have any roadblocks along the way. One of my favorite sayings is, “proper planning prevents poor performance”, who said that before me, I have no idea, but that is one clever person.
- A plan without action is pointless. Action involves movement. Action to ignite your passion can be seen in Newton’s first law of motion, also known as the law of inertia which states, an object at rest tends to stay at rest. In other words, in order for there to be movement, force needs to be applied to an object to get it moving. The same could be said for auctioning your plans. To keep your passion going start moving in the direction you want to go. Take steps toward your goals and the results will begin to move toward you.
- Learning new skills. Learning skills within what you’re passionate about will allow that passion to burn while also building your confidence. There’s nothing quite like having the kind of skills that equip you for what you’re passionate about.
- Being surrounded by the right people, positivity and progress keeps the passion going. The right people will uplift, motivate and support your dreams as wrong people will discourage and hinder your dream. Form healthy habits for relationships, timekeeping, and balance in all areas of your life to create and maintain a positive growing atmosphere that surrounds you. Make sure progress happens on a daily basis. The world’s number one leadership coach says that,
“Leaders grow daily, not in a day”, – John Maxwell
A little progress made every day will result in a lot of progress made over time. Progress along with your proper planning will lead to positive results.
Discouragement, setbacks ad disappointments will come but because of your forward thinking and vision you will be able to go back to you action plan, regroup, get encouraged, learn new things, make new discoveries and remind yourself that old inspiration breads new ideas.
Remove your burned out ideas of and replace it with new excitement. See your passion burn back into a great fire of success.
For help on to reignite your passion email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. IT IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE